Acanthosis nevus syndrome is much more severe than the acanthosis nigricans
- The treatment of this condition is a combination of cosmetic therapy and surgeries accompanied by the treatment for the underlying cause of the disease. This improves both the appearance and the
- The standard therapy for epidermal nevi is surgery or ablative CO2 laser treatment.
- Topical tretinoin cream (0.02 or 0.05) percent and 5-fluorouracil cream have been used in the treatment of both acanthosis nigricans and epidermal nevi with variable results
- Reduction of obesity and diabetes can also be helpful in this condition.
- Treatment with topical tretinoin cream 0.02 percent once daily was not effective in the present patient. After which, CO2 laser treatment can be initiated in the future.
- Several small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitors of FGFR3 are available and being evaluated for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. These drugs may also be useful in the treatment of other disorders associated with FGFR3 mutations, such as benign skin lesions.
Increased coloration or pigmentation (hyperpigmentation), and abnormal thickening of the skin in the neck, under arms (axillae), the groin, and the anal/genital region,Development of greyish brown or pigmentation, excessive roughness and dryness,Noticeable thickening or overgrowth (hyperkeratosis) of the skin
Abnormally increased coloration (hyperpigmentation),velvety thickening (hyperkeratosis) of the skin, particularly of skin fold regions, such as of the neck and groin and under the arms (axillae)
Corticosterones and antibiotics can be used symptomatically