Erythema Multiforme Exudativum is a form of reoccurring skin condition usually mild and happens due to viral infection or medicinal reaction.
Though this is a curable disease scars are not the thing to worry about. It heals without leaving marks and with no further problems. But the risk of EME coming back is there as follows:
- If the disease is from the virus Herpes Simplex.
- Antiviral Medicine can prevent coming back
Possible complications if the disease goes severe are:
- Permanent skin damage
- Skin infection
- Inflammation of internal organs (liver or lungs)
- Permanent eye damage
Mostly caused by viral infections, EME can spread for various reasons. Following are a few of them:
- It can be due to the reaction of any medicine to some other disease.
- The infection of cold sore virus (Herpes Simplex Virus).
- The virus remains in the body but stays inactive. Due to some cases, it becomes reactive from time to time.
- Rashes are visible after a few days of a cold sore in the case of some patients.
- The disorder can also be triggered by mycoplasma bacteria. It is a bacteria that causes chest infections.
- Most of the symptoms are visible, which helps in diagnosing and starting treatment as soon as possible.
Fever,Fatigue,Red patches and blisters on palms of hands, soles of feet and face
Itching,Round flat reds,Cold Sores,Joint pains
Antibiotics,NSAIDs,Ibuprofen, nticonvulsants,Sulfonamides,Tetracyclines,Amoxicillin and Ampicillin,Antihistamines,Steroid Creams,Emollients