Intense itching and burning sensations in the sensory areas of the body due to unprotected or partially protected exposure to a chemical called formaldehyde is called FP (formaldehyde poisoning).
- Excess exposure or unprotected exposure to the dangerous fumes of this chemical results in visible signs to diagnose the problem.
- A doctor performs a few regular medical tests.
- These are performed to rule out the possibilities of other similar metal poisoning conditions like arsenic poisoning, berylliosis, and heavy metal poisoning.
There is no dedicated cure for the poisoning because it affects various parts of the body in different persons. It is better to take treatments for symptomatic reactions in every individual.
Following ways can avoid and reduce the risk of Formaldehyde Poisoning:
- Protective measures at the workplace with chemical exposure.
- Wearing protective gear and shields for eyes and face.
- Protective Aprons, gloves, and shoes to be provided.
- Effective clothing to be a barrier from chemical toxins.
- Emergency services availability 24X7 in such workplaces.
Few preventive measures can be helpful in reducing exposure in the first place.
- Controlled use of Air conditioners, to minimize accumulation of chemical fumes.
- Remain outdoors as much as possible to ensure breathe fresh air.
- Maintain the lowest temperature in any building structure to minimize the release of formaldehyde used.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco use indoors.
- Keep windows open in any environment.
With minor issues, preventive measures can help in reducing the risk of complicated issues.
Irritation in Eyes, Nose and Throat,Skin Rashes,Headaches,Wheezing,Breathing Issues,Allergic Issues,Nosebleed
Fatigue,Nausea,Sleep Interference,Watery Eyes,Unconsciousness,Irregular Heart Beat,Abnormal BP