There is an excellent chance of recovery and reduction of scales in both types of Ichthyosis Vulgaris if the self-care is regular. But it reduces with the help of visiting dermatologists.
Following methods with the consultation of specialists are helpful:
- Reduce scales during Baths: Scales soften when soaked with water. So it can help remove the scales more painlessly.
- Treat Skin Infection: Medications and ointments suggested are to use regularly to avoid infections due to scales.
- Petroleum Jelly Use: Most effective ointment for reducing pain, itch, and dryness.
- Moisturizer on damped skin: Post-bath, it is necessary to apply the cream on semi-dried skin keep dryness away the whole time.
- Baths with Sea Salt: Adding sea salt to water reduces burning and stinging. It also reduces the itch.
- Doctors prescribe a few medicated ointments for treating dryness and scales of skin.
There are a few home-care guidelines that can help a new parent in understanding the disease and treaties for the same:
- Use of hydration gel soap and creme lotions is helpful.
- Creams containing urea
- OTC (Over-the-counter) Cortisone creams if the areas are itchy.
- Neosporin is a topical antibiotic ointment for fast relief.
Itchy, dry skin,White, grey, or brown scales on the front of the legs, back of the arms, scalp, back, or stomach,The edges of the scales curl occasionally, making the skin feel harsh,Lines on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet are extra,In severe situations, the lines may run deep, producing skin splits,Tile-like Small Scales,Flaky Scalp,Deep,Painful Cracks in skin
Infections of the skin,Children who have the condition are more likely to develop eczema, asthma, hay fever, and hives,Dehydration, blistering, burning, rapid calorie loss, and skin allergies can all result from Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Creams with Alpha-Beta Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic,Lactic, Salicylic Acid),Prescription-Strength Urea,Retinoid,Propylene Glycol,Isotretinoin