Scalp psoriasis (psoriasis of the scalp) is a disorder that leads to an itchy, raised, reddish, and scaly scalp. It may be present in the form of small watches or cover the entire forehead. Moreover, scalp psoriasis can spread from the scalp to the forehead or back of the neck. It can also result in hair loss. The doctor states that this condition is connected to the immune system. However, it is curable through solutions, lotions, sprays, steroids, or foams, prescribed by doctors:
The cure/ Medication for scalp psoriasis (psoriasis of the scalp) are as follows:
- Anthralin: It is available in the form of an ointment, cream, or paste, which helps to slow down the growth of the cells. It is preferably used at night and helps to cure psoriasis and other related diseases.
- Antimicrobial: These are effective to treat yeast or bacterial infection associated with scalp psoriasis.
- Calcipotriene: it is a strong derivative of vitamin D that helps to treat psoriasis of the skin and scalp.
- Salicylic acid is highly recommended for people with scalp psoriasis. Using a shampoo, serum, oil, or hair conditioner infused with salicylic acid will ease the symptoms.
- Mild psoriasis of the scalp can be treated by injecting steroids with vitamin A and D into the affected area.
- UV (ultraviolet) lights can be used to cure this disorder.
Raised and bumpy scalp,Dry scalp,Dandruff flaky scalp,Burning,Soreness,Hair loss
Itching in the scalp resides and scally scalp raised red bumps patches in the scalp
Salicylic acid,Coal tar,Vitamin D,Anthralin,Antimicrobial,Calcipotriene