A genetic disease caused due to mutations mainly caused due to mutation in the TGM5 gene is called Skin Peeling Syndrome.
- TGM5 enzymes act as a protective barrier for the outermost layer of the skin
- Scarcity in the production of TGM5 enzyme give rise to the separate layer and peeling off.
- Light peeling or dryness is common in people
- If it is happening continuously, it is a syndrome and needs attention.
Treatment for severe development of infection or blisters (boils with fluids) is required as follows:
- This drains the fluid
- Application of light dressing
- To avoid infection if it is left uncovered
- Doctor lance them with a sterile needle
Post the confirmation of skin peeling through a skin biopsy, physical examination, and medical history of a patient; home remedies are required to start. As there is no specific medical cure for the disease:
A few of the great examples of emollients are:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
In addition to that, some preventions can help taking care in a better way by minimizing:
- Exposure in hot temperatures
- Immersion in water
- Friction on hands and feet
- High humidity environments
Peeling Skin,Sunburned Skin like appearance,Fragile Skin,Painless Peeling,Skin affected on Peripheral body parts
Plucked Hairs,Itchy Skin,Red Skin,Blisters,Scarring
Petroleum Jelly,Skin-Softening Ointments,Corticosteroids,Retinoids